I was having misgivings about the cousins weekend, some of them i had not seen for a decade or more, i felt i would have nothing to say, or even worse say things that would make sense in my head, but sound rather peculiar or dumb once i said them, i do have a case of foot in mouth when I'm nervous, it runs in the family unfortunately not the side i was going to be staying with.
Fortunately for me and my brother it was a complete joy and and life re- affirming experience, my mothers youngest brother had made the trip from Canada, he is 80, my lovely Uncle Charlie I have not seen him since he emigrated when i was 17, he might have been at my mums funeral, but that was a blur i can only remember seeing her coffin and thinking it was really small, anyhow we hugged and i felt like my grandad, my mum and my uncle were all cuddling me and that we were mingling some how, it was a wonderful feeling, when i looked into his eyes, they were mums eyes too................just wonderful, and all my cousins, they were my people we ALL had such a happy, good time.
A motley crew but l love em.
I found a lovely picture of my Mum,Dad and Brother amongst
some of the pictures people brought along.
Not a good photo, but it struck me how much my daughter resembles her Grandmother.
The other beautiful thing was one of my Auntie's taking my hands and declaring 'Oh! you are so like Emy' (my mum)no one has ever said that to me before.
Plus i spent lots of nice alone time whilst driving there with my big brother, we also
shared a room, which lead to us laughing like we did when we were young
and shared a room, we refrained from jumping on the beds this time around.
As things turn out life throws us curve balls, Dad had to go back to hospital, a
couple of days after we returned, so life is worrying and
chaotic once again, he is very weak and seems to be having trouble with
his kidney functions.
I too, have a problem with my Kidneys, just having blood tests at the moment
My brother is about to leave for a month as he has gigs in Europe, which leaves all
the running around, getting Dads lady love to the hospital and back daily all of which
means i am out of the house, for at least 5 hours a day, plus my doctors visits,
dog walks, shopping for everyone concerned, and i am tired as a result of
the kidney infection anyway.
I'm just hoping all will be well in a week or two, as I'm due back to work soon,
and wonder how I am going to manage everything.
So, if you do not hear from me for a while you know why, on the other
hand, i might be on here every night bleating on about my woe's and worries,
for which i apologies for now, but I'm still probably going to do it, as
i have no where else to vent, apparently according to my brother
i am the strong, resilient one and i know how to cope and what to ask
the doctors as i went through it with my husband!
Yeah right!
Bruvvers Eh!
He is the one sitting down on the left with a hat on.


Hello Crone - good to hear from you! Glad the computer is limping along a bit quieter. Take care of yourself - you are running yourself ragged! Hope dad is better soon.
ReplyDeleteThank you Barb, lovely to hear from, its times like these that it is nice to sit down and visit other blogs, just to see the rest of the world getting on, no matter what's happening at home.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear you are a bit overburdened; I'm also sorry that you have health problems. yourself. As they say: it never rains . . . . . .
ReplyDeleteAt least you had a lovely family get-together, what a lot of family you have!.
I hope to hear that things have quietened down again and that you can get back to your own life soon.
Thanks Friko, and yes that cousins weekend was wonderful, im so pleased we went.
DeleteJust a shame it all went bad when we got home. Nothing to do but get on with it really.
Oh, boy, I hate people who say "you can cope". It always makes me feel like lying down and saying, "No - YOU can cope this time!"
ReplyDeleteYep! I would love to say that, but Im not that brave.
Delete