Just realised I have been blogging for two years now, not the most prolific of posters, i would not have given myself 6 months if asked at the time......so well done me.
I started as a way of recording my meanderings by photo and a little something said about them, I did not want to lose the photos, like so many others that went the way of all my old computers, I soon swerved off that pretty much straight away I lost my phone with the good camera and bought an expensive phone that did not have a good camera, that was an expensive mistake! I just assumed it would be as good or better than my old one. When the quality was so poor, I did not want to post pictures anymore.
I'm so pleased that I did start blogging it has enabled me to look all over the world with such nice tour guides, the bloggers I have had the pleasure in blogging with have been a varied and interesting lot, with a great deal of compassion and wit, I would never have been able to enjoy such a diverse collection of people if I had not started this blog.
I feel like a bit of a fraud, I don't have much to contribute so I don't post a great deal, I generally post when I get the urge wether or not it is interesting, I try not to be boring but my main thing is to just write what i think and feel with frankness so when I look back I get a true measure of what was going on for me, I do have a terrible memory, apparently diabetes can do this to a person.
I'm madly looking forward to some warmer weather, maybe a tad of Spring could show its self, looks like I have a long time to wait, now the weather people are predicting cold and rain well into April, I think the dog and I will have foot rot well before then.
I am still enjoying my newly decorated bedroom with relish, I have added some bunting, rather whimsical for me, so probably will not stay for long.
I have noticed since the physical change which has occurred for me people have started spontaneously speaking to me! It's a bit of a shock actually, I found myself warning myself to remember that random people will be catching my attention and talking to me when out and about, and not to look shocked or look behind me to see who they actually talking to, because that's a bit embarrassing. I did this once when I had met Phil Collins, when in Montreux Jazz Festival, the previous night we had all been at an after gig party, my husband at the time was managing a band who wer e also playing there, the next morning I was sitting
On the terrace having breakfast alone, well with my baby daughter, he wandered past and nodded, smiled and said good morning, I could not believe he was gesturing to me let alone that he woould remember me, so instead of answering back, I looked behind me first convinced that there must have been someone behind me, of course I had missed the opportunity to be polite, by the time I had turned back he had walked on. So, yesterday I managed to greet strangers and have little exchanges, and what a nice day I had. I even was invited out by a man last week we were in a jacuzzi at the health club, crickey! Needless to say its not going to happen, how nice though to be noticed.
So, I'm wandering is this the result of losing a bit of weight? Or is it something that has occurred inside me, which I am now projecting to the outside world, it's not that I have walked around before not wanting to be social, I have always enjoyed talking with people, I am a curious person, in both meanings of the word. It's just suddenly, it feels like a two way street. Also, attractive woman 40 ish onwards are looking at me, the same way I look at attractive women admiring their vigour or hair or dress sense, does this mean I have become more interesting ? I sound like a bit of nutter now, but it's definitely happening, and just a bit shocked by it. I can see your eyes glazing over now, so I will say bye for now, I'm off to see my daughter in London, lets see if I can find something to eat off a menu apart from Salmon and salad.
Reallllly....!
ReplyDeleteThat's about the best argument for losing a bit of weight that I've ever heard. Post-forty women becoming visible again? Unimaginable.
I know who would have thunk it! Not me.
DeleteHappy second blogging anniversary! Well, you must be doing something right! So well done and enjoy!
ReplyDeleteThanks ! I must say I admire you for the good grandpa renting you are achieving. Erm, I wrote grandparenting
DeleteOh new-gorgeous-one, me-thinks there's an underlying reason the bedroom received a make-over first.....mmmmm??
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, I think its a mixture - you're exuding confidence and inner and outer beauty and that's attractive to our species regardless of sex.
Two years of your blog! Keep going girl, don't stop! Post more if you're just having some musings!
Hugs
Rose
Oh shucks Rose you got me!
ReplyDeleteHope all is going well with you down under.
Ps., I had a lovely meal out with my daughter today, and my blood glucose numbers were fine! Gentle hugs rose, have a good day xx
That's wonderful that your readings are down! Yippee!
DeleteYep all is good down under - other than the heat but another month and things should become much more bearable, even nice. Still waiting for furniture (the stuff I've ordered) and slowing getting on with the decorating. It's lovely having old friends at hand and my daughters especially when I get in the doldrums, but thankfully that's not too often! Sometimes I do find the walls to talk to a bit hard going - especially in the evenings as I (almost always) have a bit to say!
Hugs back.
Rose
Enjoy the added attention, women over ahem, 40, usually get overlooked. Being part of the wallpaper is not something I relish.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your 2 years. we all blog about whatever catches our imagination and a blog is a very personal space. So do as you wish, it’s your blog.
You HAVE changed - both inside and out! Remember those months ago when you were despairing? Now you're reaping your rewards. Hope London was fun!
ReplyDelete