Thursday, 21 June 2012

Where has the follow button gone?

Does anyone know?  It has been missing on my blog for weeks.
It has been my birthday week, changing the subject completely, stormy weather and constant grey skies, made me throw caution  money to the wind, spent £25.00 on flowers for the house, I felt sooo good, found a little market near me and too my surprise they were selling beautiful roses at 20 for £10.00 plus Peonies pretty cheaply and Hydrangea bushes too, so I filled my house with soft and pretty flowers for my birthday cheered my up no end, I must say.

I would love to be in a plane and look down on the UK at the moment, usually looks fluffy and lush from the skies, but its going to look like a jungle if my garden is anything to go by, i cannot get to the top anymore, i need a man and a heavy duty strimmer thing.


If he is a nice man i will just take the man, he can leave the strimmer at the back door!


My walking boots are sodden, I'm fed up to the back teeth with mud, and I'm running out of places that I'm not frightened of walking in, when its ever so windy.


I did joke that the weather in March was our summer, teach me to tempt fate........

Still, I have good news from my daughter, she has got a first on her essays so far towards her MA. so she thinks she could get a distinction in the end.........phew!


Plus my Father wrote me a beautiful E mail, in response to the Fathers Day card I gave him, I took him to all his old haunts in London then we had lunch at the pub my Daughter works at when not beavering away in the library.
He had a jolly good time and a jolly good roast dinner, they even kept the music down for him! This is a pub more or less run by students, and they say the youth of today are inconsiderate and thoughtless.
 










4 comments:

  1. The 'Follow' button now says 'Join this Site'!

    I, too, have been buying flowers of late -- roses seem to be an especially good buy of late! It seems this is going to be a summer of two sunny days to at least a week of rain :-(. Nice to hear about your pub run by students...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily there are still odd moments , however fleeting , when one can dash from A to B grabbing provisions , cash from the hole in the wall or books from the library . Unfortunately the daily trip to work can't be fitted in between downpours .
    And I have report that last Saturday it hardly rained at all .
    Flowers and/or a good pub lunch are vital this summer !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for answering my question, I really did not realise.
    Yes Roses are fantastic value, made me feel quite decadent.
    Now I have managed to follow your blog I will be looking forward to seeing more about your french antics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete