Sunday, 26 February 2012

Sunday Summary

First off, my keyboard is playing up,I cannot easily delete letters and only one side does capitals, and sometimes it will not start a new line..............so please see all mistakes as computer failure, not necessarily me being lazy (but it might be).

The weather has become warm and spring like this week, this has cheered up everyone and every thing including the children at school it was like being the UN Friday, they also began falling over in droves, so bleeding knees were in abundance, poor little mites still only took a cuddle and a wipe for them to skidaddle off skipping and prancing like little lambs.

my car started singing too, a little too loudly people were stopping and staring where upon I just pulled a face shrugged my shoulder's, and hoped it would get this or that journey finished before giving up the ghost, this happened for six journey's then started to smell of burning tyres, i new then i should not push it any further, luckily my mechanic was not faised at all, its now being mended and i have my Dads lLand Rover, posh it might be but its horrible to drive, not complaining though really, just thought you might llike to know.

needed to go into town (big Village) known as Town, to get my dad his ill gotten gains, being a Diabetic, his shopping list is full of cream, butter, trifle, chocolate biscuits, custard, oh yes and the classic clotted cream icecream!  So, I scrubbed most of that and relented on the Trifle as a compromise, he was not pleased might I say.  Whilst in town, I came across a gang of Pirates, loud accordian music and drumming, wooden sticks clunking on each other and wild shouting, now this is just the kind of thing that gets me going.  i do like the clog and hanky brigade, but it does not get me excited like this lot did, i have never seen this kind of get up before.
Sorry about the quality, they kept moving, as one would expect dancing pirates to do,
Then i ran out of space on my phone camera and i was late to get Dads food back to him, before i left i got some information about their group, and if i can summon the confidence i might give it a go! 

It was thrilling to see the Morris Dancers out and about, their were many types scattered all over town, also lots of music makers too, I would like to have stayed longer.

Then last night I was invited out to my favourite Chinese Restaurant, i have been wanting to go for months, but the occasion never arose, then suddenly out of the blue, I got to go with good company , nice and early as well, i was home by 9pm perfect.

Now you see why i do not write many blogs, because this was an exciting week for me............i just have to laugh.
ps, played scrabble with Dad.

12 comments:

  1. what a busy week you had. hope your car is fixed soon. I love to see the Morris Dancers... what a treat! good job you are monitoring your Dad's diet... I am diabetic too... and all that sweet & fatty stuff would have been terrible for him... but mighty yummy lol :-)
    with blessings, Willow x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willow maybe you could come on over and give my Dad a good talking to, he might listen then.
      Ihope you have sorted out your blog problems, bright blessings.

      Delete
  2. I too am a diabetic... hardest part for me is walking past those bakery goodies -- doughnuts, cream pastries, -- and down the aisle past the biscuits and ice cream -- but once in a while a spoonful of something forbidden is a great joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Pirate Morris Men!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really something different, they said their style was called 'Borders' meaning the borders of wales? keep an eye out you may see somethig similar.

      Delete
  4. You have been a busy gal! Glad the car didn't let you sit and that you're trying (against his will) to keep your Dad healthy. Have another good week, Crone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my car is fixed, hooray! shame i cannot say the same about my dad. lovely to hear from you.

      Delete
  5. I think it sounds like a perfect week! Just enough activity, unexpected fun, and home by 9pm. Absolutely perfect, as you say!
    I don't know what a Morris man is . . . we had a Morris chair when I was a little girl. Do the men have pegs with which to adjust their angles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. june, mmorris men, are an old english tradition i think they use to come out for may day celebrations, but now they are out and about much of the year in one form or another. i hope i do not have to saw off one of my legs to participate!

      Delete
  6. Love your dog ~ fun post ~ 'taking care of Dad' is not always easy ~ glad you got out for Chinese food ~ namaste, carol (A Creative Harbor) ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, its not always easy to get nice pics of my hound being black is a bit of a handicap.
      Always nice to hear from new people. i will pop over and visit your blog.
      Namaste to you too! (are you a Reiki practitioner)

      Delete