Friday, 25 November 2011

Calamity 'brain'

I don't know what to call it other wise, I really hope its not early signs of Altziemers.

Feeling really rested and different after the Greek sojourn I started to fancy doing some baking, for a few days, I finely remembered to get the ingredients I needed for a Tart Au Citron, so excited as I had decided that instead of a normal type tart I would make one with all my favourite bits from things I like, so I a digestive biscuit bottom, lemon and lime middle with a meringue topping, ha ha! it doesn't matter its only me that will be eating it......and yum I could not wait to start.

Disappointingly first I needed to actually wash the processor as it had been out on a shelf for sometime, not that I needed it, I just fancied a play.........no no no, I should not have played, whilst putting the blade back in (after washing it, grrr) somehow the blade dropped on my toe and cut it length wise, all the way up and down, even continuing after my nail!, blood every where, I could not believe it actually, so I just looked for a bit, thought oh that's OK, put my foot in the sink ran cold water on it, now all morning I had been taking in packages for next door (the police man and wife) BIG packages, for their chicken coop, in fact they have a regular little village going on up the garden now, I cannot sit up there  with the girls now as its very smelly and loaded with flies.

Anyway, foot sink was not going too well, I tried to get my leg up close enough to my face to see how deep the cut might be, but the more i tried the more it bled, so I took my glasses off stretched my leg out, to see from a distance nope still no good, so I wrapped it in kitchen paper stuffed it in a rubber clog and dragged myself along the back of the cottages, surely the police people were in, they had turned up to collect the chicken wire and various packages not so long ago? no, not a sausage did I find, everyone all along were out.

Why cant you find a police man when you want one?

Just found this post, I managed to get myself to A & E, they dealt  with it for me, it took a very long time to heal especially as I walk a few hours most days, and now it still feels wrong, outwardly though it has healed.

I have not used the blasted machine since.

1 comment:

  1. My gosh, Crone - you're lucky you didn't cut the toe off! What a story. (Too bad you didn't at least have your tart baked to enjoy...

    ReplyDelete